Holiday Offer !

Use the following code at checkout and get an extra 5% off all orders of 6 bottles or more

EXTRA5

Terre degli Svevi Re Manfredi Aglianico del Vulture 2016

A powerful, vibrant and beautifully balanced Aglianico with notes of sour cherry, vanilla and pepper.
Big & Bold, Rich & Savoury
£18.95
In stock
More Information
Producer Terre degli Svevi
Country Italy
Region Southern Italy
Wine Type Red Wine
Body / Style Big & Bold, Rich & Savoury
Grape Blend 100% Aglianico del Vulture
Bottle Size (ml) 750
% Abv 14
Vintage 2016
Extra Info Balanced, vibrant, structured - stunning!
Food Pairing Guide Strascinati pasta with pezzente salami and king oyster mushroom, gnumariddi rolls of lamb offal, stewed or barbecued.
Terroir mainly volcanic soils

Terre degli Svevi Re Manfredi is a powerful and vibrant wine made from Aglianico, which is capable of making full-bodied, structured reds that share much with Barolo. This inky, ruby red draws you in with its complex aromas of sour cherry and aromatic herbs, as well as hints of vanilla and pepper. It's certainly a gutsy wine, but is not lacking in finesse, with notes of elegant spice and subtle creaminess. Balanced, impressive and a great wine to serve with Sunday Dinner.

One of the best vintages in the last twenty years. A mild spring followed by a very warm summer meant a product of the highest quality with no phytosanitary problems. The grapes were harvested between the end of October and the start of November in a state of perfect ripeness.

30 hectares of 20-year-old vines, with a planting density of 3,000 vines per hectare, vertical-trained and pollarding. Another 22 hectares of 10-year-old vines are trained as spurred cordon at 80 cm from the ground with a planting density of 5,000 vines per hectare. All the vineyards were grafted strictly on site with rootstock 420A, with mass selection of vegetal matter from local heirloom vines. The vineyards are 500 metres above sea level with vines trained in the guyot method. Harvest takes place between the end of October and the start of November. Cold pre-fermentation maceration at 5 °C for 10 days, followed by alcoholic fermentation for about 15 days at a temperature of 18--23 °C. After malolactic fermentation, 40% of the mass is barrique-aged for 12 months, while the remaining 60% is barrel-aged. Finally all the wine has a further 6 months in barrels to complete the ageing process
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Terre degli Svevi Re Manfredi Aglianico del Vulture 2016
Your Rating